Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems i'm allowed to post in this topic now ! sorry for the double post.

i finally was able to get my rats today-- who are 10 months old and already full grown, i knew this beforehand but they desperately needed a home so i took them! they are precious and beautiful girls.

athena, who is a dark brown hooded? female. the fur isn't quite black, but brown, maybe brindle colored. she isn't very active, actually she doesn't like to be held is what the woman's daughter told me. i'm not so worried about her.

nanook who is tan hooded? isn't very skittish, though she isn't used to me being since this is the first time we've met. but i'm worried about her because first of all there is a red, crusty ring around her eye. now i wouldn't be that worried if it had appeared in a few days because i know sometimes it happens when they are stressed but it was already there when i picked her up. the woman said it flares up sometimes -- should i be worried about this? and she has a wound on her back.. i'm not sure what from. the woman said she hadn't noticed it until now and that it would heal quickly but i'm worried?
Rat Mammal Muridae Mouse Hamster Rat Muridae Hamster Gerbil Rodent Rat Hamster Muridae Rodent Mouse

·
Registered
64 Posts
One of my rats almost always has porphyrin and its just something he has, hes not sick or anything hes just always had it since he was a baby.
I would probably take them to the vet anyway, to get them checked out and get the wound looked at. If
their breathing sounds alright I wouldn't be too worried but It won't hurt to get a check up to make sure :)
P.S they look an Agouti hooded and a Dove or fawn hood :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my rats almost always has porphyrin and its just something he has, hes not sick or anything hes just always had it since he was a baby.
I would probably take them to the vet anyway, to get them checked out and get the wound looked at. If
their breathing sounds alright I wouldn't be too worried but It won't hurt to get a check up to make sure :)
P.S they look an Agouti hooded and a Dove or fawn hood :)
thank you :) her wound has actually healed pretty well just overnight. it's just a bald patch now, no scabs. maybe it was an accident involving grooming because the two of them don't seem to fight at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts