Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new from Florida and just dropping in to say "hello" before I go about posting. My name is Elizabeth and, well, I'm from Florida! I am a senior in college (Philosophy major/Psychology minor). I am 22 and am engaged to the love of my life (and reforming him into a rattie lover too), Shawn, who is a 28 year old real estate appraiser. We have one child together: Alexander, 22 months old, and our 2nd on the way (I'm due April 20th). I also have two "stepchildren", Devon age 9 and Courtney age 6, who we don't get to see nearly as often as we would like.

I have always been a rattie lover. I just got two 6 week old rattie boys on Sunday, after being rattieless for the past 2 years (my last pair of male ratties died 2 years ago at 5 and 5.5 years old). My boys are PEW standard boys named Bentley & Berkely. Most people can't tell them apart, but I can once I have them out of their cage. Bentley gives lots of kisses and prefers to shoulder ride, Berkely is more of an explorer and likes to eat treats on my lap or sit in my shirt between my bra and my shirt.

I'm hoping to get a 3rd and hopefully 4th boy in the next month or so but not sure yet. I'm going to keep it strictly a boy rattie household, we don't want boys & girls because accidents do happen & we really don't want that!

Other than rats my interests are the internet (well, obviously heh!), reading, being a mommy, and riding horses (of which I won't be doing much of for the next 12 months or so!).

I just thought I'd drop in an say hey! I may need some advice because I have an awesome old melamine chin cage given to me and it looks like it'd be an awesome grotto style cage for the boys!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ooooh, where in Florida may I ask?

And 'ello! I don't know if I have the authority to welcome you seeing as I'm new too, but WELCOME!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Welcome!
I am also going through the struggle of making my boyfriend a rattie lover, its comming slowly but surely, I think he just pretends not to like them to make me angry :p lol. Good luck with your boys, and as a general rule, the more the merrier {in most cases}

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hello Elizabeth, welcome to the forums!

Please take a moment to read the site rules and enjoy your stay! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in Florida too and...HOLY CRAP your rats lived 5 years? HUMAN years? You won the genetic lottery hun. Of my first 4 rats ever, 1 died at a year and a half and another is sick and dying right now at the same age who was about a month or two younger when we got him. Another turned into a mean aggressive guy towards the others after the first one died. One more is still healthy but seems depressed now and isnt as affectionate as he once was. I recently got 2 babies (in a seperate cage) that sneeze a lot and im kinda worried about them. I think my first big boy kept them all in a good hierarchy and now its shot. Anyways welcome I'm new here too as of today.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Philosophy major/Psychology minor

Very neat!!

Well, I'm new too, but I waited a while to welcome you so that it'd sound official :)

I'd love to see the boys sometimes, and congratulations on your beautiful bab(y/ies).... they must bring such joy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts