Rat Forum banner

Male female or both? What did you chose ^.^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I.ve got loads of rattie toy ideas would love to share them with everyone and get some tips and ideas from everyone ^.^ I have 3 male rats who are so cute :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not much for ideas for toys myself, not yet anyways. I just got my ratties yesterday. I would love to hear ideas though!
2 female ratties here :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Toy ideas are always good. My girls get bored so quickly. When I give them something new it causes a frenzy of who gets to play first!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love honeycomb hammocks, which is 3 hammocks attached together, corners to sides, everyone of my hammocks is homemade out of old materials ^.^ my newest little idea is simply made from an old clean bra, sew the cups together back to back and hand using the straps, simply remove the clasps with a pair of scissors and uv got a little hammock swing, pretty cute too :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sounds like a innovative idea but I can't imagine going into a store and the sales person asking me if its a gift for a gf and me having to reply with "oh no it's for my rat Freddy.." ;D

·
Registered
227 Posts
I use cardboard boxes,,,large cardboard tubes,,the type that newsprint , or carpets are wrapped around, move them around,,,cut odd shaped holes in them. some the birds toys seem to work, especially the toys made for larger birds, pingpong balls, something that rolls,,,all the best

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something new ive tried is getting some toilet roll tubes, cutting them in half length and width ways, taping them down to some card and hiding food inside covered with shredded newspaper or something similar, the rats love digging and searching for there fave foods ^.^

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love cutting holes in a box and stuffing it with shredded newspaper- so cute to see all the little noses! (3 ratty girls -:3) It's so funny listening to them trying to find a way out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My very first two rats were female, but I tend to do mixed sex groups (neutered males with intact females) now because I like the general behavior of both genders :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts