Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, in the wake of losing my first rat Waffles, I adopted two new rats from the MSPCA. My Waffles went in for surgery with what they thought was a foreign body but ended up being a big tumor. I had to say good bye so quickly and I had only had Waffles since February. I was so sad, but these two brighten my day. Meet Pad Thai and Zinnia. Pad Thai is a year and Zinnia is maybe 5 months. We did intros at the shelter and they seemed to get along, but now they just ignore each other! I hope they will bond at some point. I am working on handling them, I don't think they were handled much in their previous homes and are a little skittish. They love to eat though so I figure I will win them over with food :)

Pad Thai
Mammal Rat Gerbil Mouse Degu

Zinnia - potty training is going well!
Hamster Rodent Rat Gerbil

Pad Thai eating a blackberry
Rat Muridae Rodent Animal shelter Muroidea

Pad Thai sleeping
Snout Macaque Square

Pad Thai and Zinnia snuggling at work
Guinea pig Rodent Straw Grass

This was my Waffles the night before he went into surgery. He was so happy, he didn't even know he was sick. I miss him so much :'(
Ear Face Cheek Skin Lip

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love your pics, your new babies are lovely! I am glad they have found a new loving home together and with you. :) I bet they will bond with time. So sorry to hear about Waffles . :( In the picture you posted, his face reminds me so much of my male, Simon. He looks like he was very sweet...

P.S. Cute names!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.