Rat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! my name is Hope :) my boyfriend and I recently brought home two babies from a woman in our area~they are both female dumbo rex and we have named them Clementine and Springsteen [springsteen because she is "born to run" 8) she is definitely the more active of the two] i had hamsters and gerbils growing up but never rats, because my mom was freaked out by them... we have had them about three days so far and i love them to pieces!! here is a pic of clem in my pocket:
Rat Nose Muridae Skin Mouse
and here is one of both of them together, springsteen on the right:
Vertebrate Mammal Skin Rat Chinchilla
anyway, hi!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
They are very cute! They also look extremely young; be sure to give them some added fat and protein in their diet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are 4 weeks old. we have been feeding them lab blocks and trying to give them other food like frozen peas and broccoli but they seem uninterested--what would you recommend for extra fat and protein?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I remember when my boys where nearly that small, got them at about 8 weeks though. Wait till you see how fast they grow, try get a picture every week

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Rats usually love eggs. That'd be a good source of fat and protein. Just add a tiny bit to their food daily.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Omg! they are the some of the cutest rats I've seen! i have always wanted a little grey and white rex, i looked everywhere before i got my two boys but couldn't find one anywhere:( Have great fun with those little ones, they will grow up so fast:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
omg, look how tiny they are! I had no idea how fast they grew. I held one that was 8 weeks a few days ago and now am in love and in line for some of my own! =0)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts