Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have never had a rat before and recently started looking into them. I've had hamsters before and after the sudden death of my last one, I had trouble finding breeders or rescues near me. I did happen to find rat breeders and then started looking into them. The social aspect of them really appeals to me. I don't have any pets at the moment, and am trying to do as much research as possible on my options before adopting a pair of friends.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Welcome! And hats a great idea. Rats are highly social and do best in pairs or more. They are vary intellegent and take time and dedication along with some mo ey to thrive. Ask any questions you have or lurk in the forums. Im sure we will have some answeres for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hello, i'm new to rats too. and i adopted two sweeties after the sudden death of my hamster, too. i wish us both the best of luck with our new friends!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Welcome:) it's a good thing doing research first. It does take commitment, money( they are exotic pets and not all vets know enough about rat care ) lots of time to invest as they are so similar to dogs they just want to be part of the family. They each have their own unique set of qualities likes and dislikes and once you've had them as pets, if you love them, you'll love them forever. They are awesome intelligent little creatures...I guess by this you can tell I love them:D

Good luck with your searching and deciding:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts