Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My name is Lanyce and Im a new ratty lover.

I used to be one of those people that were scared to death of any kind of rodent, until my 18 year old daughter brought hers to my house and I simply fell in love wiht them. She got me a baby dumbo ratty (male) for my birthday. I named him Nicodemus. He is the sweetest little guy ever! That was nearly 4 weeks ago. Since then, we've gotten Wombat and Boggles (both male dumbos), AND (lol!) Tica, (a female fancy hooded) and Tessa and Pearl (both female dumbos). I cant believe how smart they are! I never knew...

I have had the best time building and 'decorating' each cage (2 large cages; 1 for boys and 1 for girls). We also have a 20 gallon aquarium set up as a 'ratty hospital' due to the fact that my sweet Nicodemus had to make a vet visit due to breaking his little leg somehow. Poor baby

In the short amt of time that Ive fallen in love with these sweet creatures, I have been trying to find a way to get in touch with a rat rescue in my area and I cannot find any. Id like to volunteer in any way possible - even if it is fostering and adoption. I cannot seem to find anything here, so if anyone reading this knows of anything, please let me know. I really would lke to volunteer to help.

Im looking forward to posting, reading and getting to know fellow members and their babies too!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hello Lanyce, welcome to the forums :)

First and most important... we need pictures, lots and lots of pictures! :lol:

As for volunteering, I heard mention of a website at work (I volunteer for a wildlife rescue) the other day, called Volunteer Match. I don't know how good they are, but it might be worth a try.

Enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As soon as we take pictures, I will post them! We are having issues with the digital camera, and my husband says he will have it remedied soon as he is tired of hearing me complain ;)

·
Registered
798 Posts
welcome to the forums, your story reminds me of myself, i started off with one rat and i now have 7 sounds like you have GGMR syndrome :p its contagious so watch it :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts