Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'm new to the forum and figured I'd start here. I have three female rats right now, about six months old, all sisters. And today I am adopting three hairless males :)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Hello welcome to the forum :)

A friendly warning make sure both of your rats cages are very secure and have the proper bar spacing. Also never let unfixed rats of different genders play together even supervised, even for a second.

Sorry you will not believe how many people seem not to realize that lol

We would love to see pics of your rats. What are their names?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice moonkissed! The girls are in a critter nation and the boys are in the cage their previous owner gave me which is secure if not exactly nice :/ They're never out at the same time and we don't let the ones who are out near the cages in any case. Their cages are separated by plastic drawers that I keep all their things in. Hopefully this set up will work! The girls are named Akela, Nymeria, and Beowulf (the person I adopted them from had a wolf theme with the litter). The boys' previous owner couldn't even tell them apart so they all got new names. They're Romulus, Remus, and Lupin (in keeping with the theme).
Bedding Bed sheet Brown Textile Furniture Cat Felidae Whiskers Tail Small to medium-sized cats Rat Muridae Mouse Muroidea Pest
Here are some pictures (hopefully, first time using the forum so I don't know how everything works :p) The black one is Akela the striped hooded is Beowulf and Nymeria is the hooded with the dots. I don't have pictures of the boys yet but I'll post some when I take them (note: these are kind of old my camera's been broken for over a month so these pictures are all at least that old).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts