Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my girlfriend added a rat to our ever growing zoo. A young semi-hairless female. She seems to be settling down very well. Eats great and loves to be held. Which is awesome because the majority of our critters are look but dont touch pets.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
You should look into getting her a friend! Rats are extremely social creatures and get depressed without some ratty friends of there own

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the boards, Matthew. :) Hope you and your new little friend have a long, happy life together! :)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Never knew you could keep cats in tanks :p Love the tarantulas. I've always wanted to get one but can never decide what kind.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What a faithful cat to sit in his tank without a lid! ;)

I am so grateful for spiders and think tarantulas are beautiful in their own way. I just would never have the guts to hold one! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never knew you could keep cats in tanks :p Love the tarantulas. I've always wanted to get one but can never decide what kind.
She was helping build a paludarium for my firebelly toads. With a few hundred species to choose from available as captive bred in the US it can be pretty tricky to narrow it down. Thats why I have 33 right now =p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What a faithful cat to sit in his tank without a lid! ;)

I am so grateful for spiders and think tarantulas are beautiful in their own way. I just would never have the guts to hold one! :)
No holding necessary =p more and more keepers are actually against handling, they are such fragile creatures. Also alot of species in the hobby today have some potent venom and absolutely should not be handled

·
Registered
272 Posts
No holding necessary =p more and more keepers are actually against handling, they are such fragile creatures. Also alot of species in the hobby today have some potent venom and absolutely should not be handled
Interesting! I know of classroom teachers who have had them as class pets.

I hear they're pretty passive and for the most part just keep to themselves. Do you feed him/her crickets and such?

·
Registered
68 Posts
AAwwwe, your rat is super cute! Your other critters too, you guys have quite the collection. Also why is your cat in a tank? Just because, or do you keep it in there?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting! I know of classroom teachers who have had them as class pets.

I hear they're pretty passive and for the most part just keep to themselves. Do you feed him/her crickets and such?
I pretty much hate crickets lol I breed a variety of cockroaches to use as feeders for everyone. I buy nightcrawlers for the big frogs. Then frozen rodents for my snake and as treats for the big frogs as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AAwwwe, your rat is super cute! Your other critters too, you guys have quite the collection. Also why is your cat in a tank? Just because, or do you keep it in there?
Thank you. She just likes to jump into enclosures im working on. Gotta test 'em out before her friends move in. That tank is a paludarium I'm working on for my firebelly toads. Needs a bit of work still, but its coming along nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hehe.... Matthew's Menagerie! I like it. ;)

Ok...that scorpion actually made me CRINGE physically!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts