Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a new wheel (which the rats are terrified of) and re-organized the cage enjoy!

ozzy investigating her wheel that she's scared of

the wheel and the corner hammock

ozzy playing in poop (the rock is to hold down the box)

ozzy does not approve of the flash

looking for food and exploring at the same time

bottom of the cage (not a great pic)

they need to grasp the concept that they lay on the hammocks, not the other way around :p

sorry i dont have lots of pics of hyper, my next post in meet my rat i s full of her when we were playing our game today :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Ozzy is so cute! I love beiges, and barebacks ^_^

That wheel looks really small though. Is it an 8"? Your girls will need at least an 11" wheel, preferably 12". They need enough room to stretch out to actually run. In a wheel too small, their backs will bend too much. I'm not even sure they'd use it, but they might get hurt if they do.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know, when i bought it i forgot they were so big :( im soon getting a huge 14" the one right now is eight and a half, its the only one that was there, and i cant return it cuz its a 2 and a half hour drive from where i am :(

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
lol yeah, I had that problem when I first got rats. I made some hammocks for my two girls soon after I got them without comparing it to them, and they ended up waaay too small.

btw, where do you get a 14" wheel? Do you know what brand it is? The biggest I've ever seen is 12" and I feel like I ask this everywhere someone mentions a bigger wheel but never get any answers ^^;;

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im not sure if its 14 but its prolly not 12, its at petsmart, but im in canada so it may be different were you are i saw one in pet valu in orillia sorry i dont know what brand it is, ill look on their site for you

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i didnt see it on there :( it looks like a comfort wheel but its purple with a different base, ill check next time im there. its prolly a 12" im not good with estimating sizes, sorry bout getting you so excited :oops:

what about a wobust wodent wheel? do they come bigger than 12"?

·
Registered
347 Posts
You have a really nice cage! :D

My cage is hopeless! :roll: No matter how much I try to re-arrange or decorate it, it stills looks boring!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
get a couple of old t- shirts, rip em up and make a rope! hang a basket from the top and fill it with tissue, cut off a sweater arm and hang it to the side (thats what that big white thing is) do you have a pic of your cage?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The biggest wheels I know are 12" (Wodent Wheels, Silent Spinners, and Comfort Wheels). I've never seen any bigger, in stores or online, but I've heard people mention 13" and 15" wheels. I just can't seem to get an answer about what kind/where to get them ^^;

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Mana said:
The biggest wheels I know are 12" (Wodent Wheels, Silent Spinners, and Comfort Wheels). I've never seen any bigger, in stores or online, but I've heard people mention 13" and 15" wheels. I just can't seem to get an answer about what kind/where to get them ^^;
Search up chinchilla wheels. They come in all sizes. I've seen 12, 14, 15, and 16, as well as the rather interesting 'flying saucer'.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Did you ever have one of those things on the playground where one person would hold on and the other would run as fast as they can and spin it around and around until the first person flew off into the dirt?

Yeah, I think that might happen. :lol:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i went on one 6 times in a row then i couldnt wlk and layed on the couch taking stomach pills and sleeping for 2 hours, then i still felt sick but we were gonna go to the movies so i pretended to feel better and the whole movie i was about to throw up.....good times

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
On the bottom, right side wall?

You could probably use the eight as a bed if you took off the stand.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats a good idea, the stand would go under the litter box with the wheel i want, but i dont think the rats care really

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have a 12" Comfort Wheel, only it's teal (I'd rather have purple too!). It's really noisy though, and kinda flimsy. If you can, get a Silent Spinner or Wodent Wheel instead :D

I didn't really consider that bigger wheels would have bigger prices. Some big chinchilla wheels I just looked up were nearly $100 x_x;;

1 - 20 of 31 Posts