Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, Hi! I'm new. I do not have a rat yet, but am seriously thinking about getting a pair. I've got most of my ducks in a row; there's just a few things im not certain about: the bedding, is chopped up cardboard ok? Aspen shavings?other alternatives? Is a tupperware tub with holes drilled in it and a chicken wire screen for a lid ok? or do i need a wire cage? When i go out of town for a couple of days can i just leave them a good bit of food, or do i need a sitter? Thats about it, i know its a lot of questions, but any advice will be appreciated. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i have a booklet that could answer all those questions and more. give me your email through PMs if you like and i'lll send it to you. the one question that won't be answered in the booklet would be the sitter bit. you wouldn't need a sitter like you would for a dog but you would need someone to drop by and check to make sure the water bottle is full and working properly and that they haven't split their food and give them their daily fresh food rations. basically the same amount that a cat would need. but send me your email and you're other questions and perhaps ones you haven't even thought about will be answered with great detail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts