Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself =).

I'm seventeen and currently reside in a small town in Newfoundland Canada. I've been researching rat care for a little over four months now and I might have the chance to get 4 handsome boys =). I mostly joined this forum to talk to other rat enthusiasts. Most of the people I mention rats to at school say either: get gerbils instead or get mice instead. :roll:
Silly people.
One girl who told me to get gerbils instead had gerbils at one point.. AND long story short one ate the other one 8O . I've also heard mice horror stories about it too.
Anyway, I think my initial fascination with rats came from Harry Potter when I was younger :p.
I never thought too much on it because I didn't realize how popular of a pet they were until a few months ago when a friend and I had been discussing his want for rats.
I'm really hoping to find a lot of help and support in my journey to acquire rats, as well as help when I finally get some :D.
Some people have already been helpful to me =). Thanks to everyone so far and everyone who may help me in the future.

p.s if I'm rambling it's because it's one thirty am my time

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome! You could name your ratties after Harry Potter. :lol:

·
Registered
221 Posts
:twisted: I know what you mean...some stupid kids at my school actually laughed when thye found out I had rats....oh well...their loss.

I had my rat on m shoulder outside one day and they retarded girls(older than me) asked if the furry thing on my shoulder was a hamster or a rat!
even though i've got this long old rat tail hanging down my back....... lol

I don't really like hamsters(no offense anyone) they typically aren't very nice and always try to bite....my friend had one and that thing was vicious! :twisted: lol

Anyways....welcome to the forum...and sorry for my carrying on.... :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha thanks everyone.
Naming them after Harry Potter is actually a pretty good idea, however they're pre-owned and the owner can no longer care for them because he's moving to the united states. I'm going to keep their original names, besides I like them!
Buster, Melvin, Oscar, Ramone

Girls are silly :p. I can't wait to have my ratties crawling all over me XD. It's going to be quite the experience! I'm going to get easily addicted I can see that now! I'm definitely going to get a bad case of GGMR :p.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hi Leala, welcome to the forums. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much! I've done quite a bit of research, but I'll DEFINITELY check out the sites you gave me =).
It makes me excited to see people so happy to help me on my way to being horribly addicted to have rats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts