Rat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, guys!
So, I'm Leila, I'm 18 and I'm brazilian. I've always loved rodents, and have been creating and loving gerbils and hamsters since I was about 12 or so.
After my last hamster died about two months ago, I started to look for other pets to have. I wanted a pet that was slightly larger, so I could let them run in my room without the fear of them squeezing under my door and getting lost in my house, like happened with my gerbil.
After doing my research, I decided I wanted rats. I bought two baby albino rex rats sunday, and named them Galileu and Galilei. And I seriously couldn't be happier!
Since day one, both of them were already climbing my hands for treats and grooming my fingers. I've never owned pets that were so outgoing and so loving!
I'm very happy with them, and I hope we have amazing times together!

xx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Love those names
too :) Congrats !! I'm fairly new here also - I have 2 fancy girls , I got 2 months ago . As for you thinking they won't get lost - well if you give them a chance They will !!
Both of mine got away from me & took me a good hour to catch them . When their small they can squeeze into the smallest of places " You would not believe " Enjoy :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats Leila! I can totally understand your switch from smaller companions to larger ones. I used to have a little Winter White hamster named Delilah. I loved her to bits, she was so sweet but because of her size I would always be afraid of her getting lost too! It's great that you're happy with your boys! I bet they are very happy having such a loving mom :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts