Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. Im from colchester in th UK I've had my rats now for 3 weeks. Two lovely females named thelma and louise (i know orginal the kids picked them though lol) we've just finished building a nice big cage for them which they seem to like. i've only got a couple of questions

whats the best base for them. We got told woodbased cat litter but i don't really like it. Also whatever bedding we put in for them seems so end up on the carpet by the end of the day any ideas to what to use.

I'm sure that i'll have lots more questions as time goes on espescially as they're aur first rats
:D
Thanks for your help in advance Leah

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
my favorite litter is yesterdays news. its pelleted recycled newspaper and is supper odour absorbant. you can find it in most pet stores and feed stores here in canada but i don't know about the UK. i think its popular enough that you'd be able to find it there too. or you could order it online somewhere if yo search.

for bedding i just use old towel and blankets. you can purchase scrap fabric if you want too or retire some old clothing. they'll arrange it as they see fit even if you don't want them to. its just part of them being rats.

welcome to the forums, we hope to see pictures of your rats and their new cage soon and to see you around often as well. enjoy your stay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts