Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , im jim just joint up for a bit of advice on our rats we've recently joined the rat owner world and have 3 males approximatly 2 to 3 weeks old and 2 females dumbos at approximatly 6 weeks , the boys are very good and are very easy to handle , the girls on the other hand are very difficult and exactly they are let out of theyre cage seem to make a b line for the sofa , so after some advice of how to tame them a bit ...

·
Registered
184 Posts
rofl, hi, and welcome :p

well... get them used to being around u :)

hold them/play with them, and let them know they can trust u :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we do constantly , i have to say the males are fantastic ive had 1 on my shoulder for the last hour lol and he sits there and wants to come out the cage all the time , but the girls just dont want attention

·
Registered
186 Posts
female rats have a "on the go" type personality. they love to run around and are generally more active then the males. just spend lots of time with them and they will get more used to you. but they will always be very active.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dont expect the females to slow down any, my oldest only seems to sleep an hour a day,the other 23 hours she's running around like a maniac trying to get my attention or shes grooming herself lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol i know the feeling of that theyre little terrors , the boys are great tho altho its quite off putting lol as they have abnormally large ball bags ( sorry to be crude) wel theyre probably not large just i only got the boys today and have never owned a mail rat before

1 - 9 of 9 Posts