Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, my name's josh and i'm a 21 year old new rat owner as i just got 2 female rats yesterday. they have been adjusting alright so far, one is older than the other and the two have been fighting/wrestling a bit resulting in squeaks that startle me a bit, though they don't seem to be hurting one another from what i can tell. i'm hoping they will settle down more in the next week or so. anyway, hope to be a regular poster on this forum as i've already fallen in love with these two cute little ragamuffins. any advice/tips for a new rat owner anyone wants to offer would be fantastic. cheers.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Tussles are normal as they work out who's the 'top dog' in the cage. Were the kept together prior to you getting them?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome. My boyfriends get in little arguments sometimes, but like Forensic said they pretty much just have to establish a pecking order. Pretty normal =)

·
Registered
407 Posts
welcome :) Im pretty new myself and Ive found this to be an absolute WEALTH of helpful information :) The people are pretty darn nice too!

Have fun!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hi Josh, welcome to the forums!

Please take a moment to read the site rules and enjoy your stay! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts