Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are several americans here in the forum (and since I want go to the USA for a few years in future), I would like to ask you something:

What do americans think about the swiss?

Maybe a stupid question, but I'm curious :oops:

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've never hurd anything bad :), some people are mostly rude about blacks and Mexicans (hate it personally) but i've never hurd anything about the Swiss.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
People here are pretty much like people anywhere..You have rude people and you have nice people. No matter where you go, there are always going to be people who are prejudice, theres no escaping that. All I can say for you to do is just to show people the same respect you want done to you, and if someone is impolite or offends you, do as you would in any other situation like that...I would tell them my fellings and then ignore them, simple as that. Overall the US is a nice place. You just have to understand that there are many people with many different ethnicities, religions and lifestyles. To me, EVERYONE is kind until THEY prove me otherwise. I treat everyone with respect and if they decide that they would rather make an enemy of me rather than a friend then thats their decision.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, thats pretty that what I thought. We are just too small a country.

We know a lot about you (although I'm not sure if it's all true, i.e. authentic). But that's not really surprising, since you are almost omnipresent in TV :wink:

For me I think, the biggest differences are the religion and politics.

And what I really think it's funny or a little bit weird to us, is ... let's call it the way you love or find love. :?

It would be nice to talk about differences and things that we have in common, I've ever found that very interesting. More so since I work now at a place, where there are people from India, Oman, Africa, China and so on.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yeah I think its kind of weird also how some people here find "LOVE" LMAO I think thats something everyone can agree on. Haha...Maybe I shouldn't be talking >.< I met my BF of 2 years now on Myspace.com

Its always great to get to know people who come from all over the world. You learn alot of new things and it opens your mind to things you may not have excepted before. People here, and I'm sure where you live, have so many different opinions and ideas about everything, its great to hear what people have to say and its that which people so interesting!

I almost never trust anything portrayed on TV...it always seems to focus more on the "BAD" part of people rather that the good (Better Ratings they say). I don't understand really, shows have gone to crap.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hehe :lol:

Yeah, yeah... we are a nation made of chocolate, cheese and watches.

We all wear leather trousers, play the alphorn, live in the mountains and tend our cattle and goats and whatsoever. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: We don't sleep... we use the night to make nice watches.... 8)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The only negative thing I've found, being from England and living in the "deep south", is that some people just don't like immigrants. Having said that, in the 3 years I've been here I've only come across a couple of people like that - they didn't give me any problems, they were just a bit snooty.

I've never heard anyone say anything about the Swiss, so you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like Swiss Miss?

Lol I've never heard anything negative about the Swiss, if you have an.. accent people will love to ask you where you're from and have you talk all about it. In my experience people only have a problem with people that are from our neighboring southern and northern countries, which is sad. I'm sure you would love it!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
tasha said:
if you have an.. accent people will love to ask you where you're from and have you talk all about it.
This is very true. I've had people ask me loads of nonsense questions then openly admit they are just trying to get me to talk more so they can hear my accent. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts