Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen that new add for nicotine. How in one section of the TV is a large man smoking and then the other half is a rat poking its head out to drink more water thats been mixed with nicotine and how each puff he takes the rat goes to drink more water and above the rat says nicotine rat A3.

I really hate that commercial, even with all the horrible commercials out there, that one just really upsets me.

:evil:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That's horrible ): I hope it's not real nicotine water. I'm glad I don't have cable or a television. Any show I want to watch I rent.

Is it an anti-smoking commercial or what?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its Anti smoking and I dont know if its real nicotine in the water or not, but it still is upsetting.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That really pisses me off too... wasting nicotine on a lowly rodent! pshhhh!!! :D

before you rip my head off, i'm just kidding... I am gonna go have a cigarette now :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
First, I doubt it's real nicotine water.
Second, I've never seen it, so I dont really understand it... Could it be about the addictiveness of second hand smoke?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ok, first, the rat in the commercial is probably a well loved pet. The only thing in the water might have been something sweet (to encourage the rat to drink).

Second, the commercial is about how smoking is addictive to ANYONE who does it. It's about how the product was (and is) tested to see if Nicotine is an addictive drug and the how and why it is addictive. For us rat lovers it makes us pay attention even more, but it's just like any anti-smoking ad with children in it (secondhand smoke); it's about how smoking is a bad habit. (unless I'm highly mistaken as it has been a while since I've seen the commercial)

·
Registered
208 Posts
The commercial shows the rat at different stages of life drinking from the water bottle. He has to stick his head through a hole to get to the bottle and at the begining of the commercial he is small and fits through the hole just fine, by the end of the commercial it's a large rat who's head barely fits through the hole, but he shoves it through to get to the water anyway.

And like lostbutnotforgot said, it's your typical anti-smoking commercial. They try to be dramatic to make the effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts