Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone believe chocolate can give you nightmares if you eat it before you go to bed? i know silly question but a few of my friends say it's true. Part of me thinks it's the fact that they think they will have anightmare and so they have one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm about 99% positive that's not true haha. On the other hand I have heard that it is possible to dream about what you last thought about before falling asleep or that you deam about things that you've been thinking about throughout the day. So maybe they have this idea in their head already and that's what's going on... or MAYBE they had a dream where they ate chocolate and THEN had nightmares haha. who knows but I'm pretty sure that's not true!!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's not true, too. I've heard the same thing about cheese, but I've never experienced any problems.

I guess eating anything before bedtime could make you restless, due to your body digesting and whatnot, but I'm not sure about it making you dream...

·
Registered
34 Posts
i've heard it said about cheese, but never chocolate.

and to what linz said: apparantly, the last 30 things you think about (both subconsciously and consciously) are what make up your dreams. weird!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i figured the same thing. I've also hurd that the last thing you think about can be what you dream about. So i think about whatever i want to "try" and dream about. Can anyone else wake themselfs up from a bad dream? I've found when i tell myself to wake up in the dream... i wake up :| sounds wierd i know but kinda wierd no?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well, I've had nightmares after drinking kool-aid, ypically it's the sugary stuff that gets me. Cheese is like my ultimate midnight snack.

Yeah, I say that as I sit her drinking a sprite with sour green apple mixer. Reeeeeeal bright *rolls eyes*

·
Registered
627 Posts
Pssh, if the whole choclolate thing is true, then I should be having nightmares all the time.. I've heard about cheese aswell, but I highly doubt it'll make you have nightmares.
Yeah, if I'm having a nightmare I can tell myself to wake up and wake up. Thank God, I say!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i agree 100% i HATE having bad dreams lol

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just thought of somethin :p what would YOU say is a weird bad dream you've had??
I had one a while back in was in a room, and i was in a glass tank that wasn't very big because i had to sit inside it. The glass gave and i feel into water that the glass was floating on, and i saw a shark and freaked out :|.

everyone is going to think i've lost my marbles :p :roll:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe the chocolate thing is tooth decay propaganda. Going to sleep with sugary things in your mouth is not usually wise. ;)

Naz, I rarely know I'm dreaming while I'm dreaming, so I can't wake myself up from a bad dream because to me, it's real!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know this post is kind of old, but whatever. It totally depends on how sensitive to caffeine you are. Chocolate or caffeinated soda (depending on how much i consume) makes me sleep walk, sleep talk, gives me nightmares, and frantic chase dreams that make me tired when I wake up. It is not at all uncommon for me to wake up in another part of the house after a cake/ soda filled sleepover.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
dr.pepper is my lover. i would cry if he broke up with me.

i've heard that taking B vitamins before bedtime can increase the liklihood you'll dream at all. and fuzzie, that's hilarious, although i'm sure it's kind of scary/disorienting, and could potentially be dangerous.

my roommate thinks this story is hilarious, but apparently there was this woman who was notorious for acting awake when she was still totally asleep, so she rolls over one night and she and her boy do the deed, and a month or so later she's pregnant and has no idea why, so she accuses him of date-rape or whatnot. either way, sleep is an amazing thing.

there are also 28 families in the world who carry a dominant gene for fatal insomnia, where a protein in the brain becomes insoluble and forms plaques in the region of the brain that controls sleep, and eventually you hallucinate, lose weight, have panic attacks, dementia, and ultimately die from lack of sleep. it's absolutely fascinating, but also completely horrific. :p

·
Registered
995 Posts
LOL!!!!!!! THAT thank goodness hasn't ever been a problem for me. :)

But hey have you ever had a dream that you KNOW you had a few years ago??

THAT is CREEEEEEPPPPPPYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yeah, that's happened to me several times. It is indeed kinda creepy. I have this dream where Indians are chasing me down a ski slope while I'm looking for my teddybear. :S I first had this dream when I was propblably eight or something, and I've had it several times since. :D It's a bit weird!

Btw, I had a nightmare last night. About grasshoppers.. :(

·
Registered
995 Posts
Vixie said:
Ever wonder why Professor Lupin gives Harry chocolate all the time? :p
I know! :D It's because he's a warewolf and so he's always afraid of who and when someone will find out and he shares his chocolete because he's nice. Right?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts