Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two female fancy rats and the dominant one bites my nipples all the time. She doesn't break the skin but she bites hard enough to upset me. Is this a common rat behavior? If so, what does it mean and how could I potentially make her stop? This is one habit that is definately NOT endearing...
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
hrm, how does she get to them?

I have not had that problem at all, it is amuseing. Perhaps they confuse her? Cover them up when she's out like with a heavily padded bra or put some more padding in there. I bet eventually she will forget they are there and things will be back to normal after a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you playing with them naked? Or do they find their way down your shirt and you just don't wear bras? That's kind of funny. I try not to let my Jujube down my shirt too much, because I know once she gets in there, I won't ever be able to get her out. But she finds ways to do it anyways. I'm allergic to my rattie, and so when she gets down my shirt, it causes a lot of hives and burning scratches.

You could always wear those nipple things strippers wear sometimes. Haha... use them as protectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I notice rats tend to bite on protrusions.. lips, ears, my eyebrows, not typically on smooth skin. Though I also find it quite curious that they could just find them through a shirt :p I don't play with my rats without at least a full-sleeved T-shirt on, because I don't clip their nails and the skin over my manubrium is fairly sensitive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well at least your rat didnt draw blood, the rat i had before rocky clamped on to my nipple twice and now i wont even let my rat near my sleeves. Im telling ya, try to get her to stop unless you enjoy pain, cause it hurts alot getting bitten so hard that you have a new piercing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts