Rat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shes definatly pregnant! Callies nipples are starting to get larger and her belly seems to be bigger every day. I've moved her into a 10 gallon tank with plenty of bedding material and gave her part of a hardboiled egg. She's due any day now if my math is correct. *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oh gosh! She is rounddd! Can't see the nipples, but I wouldn't know where to look on a rat! Make sure to post pictures if she has babies!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yep! You knew your rattie best, she's definitely preggo!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Gestation is approximately 3 weeks in rats and they often don't show signs until the last week. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shes getting huge, looks like shes about to explode, shes drinking a lot more water then usual. She's nesting those babies will be coming very soon! Who wants pictures?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Babies should be coming any day now. I have a vet lined up in case there are any complications, and homes lined up for all of the babies no matter how many there are! So now its just a waiting game

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is turning into a breeding log, lmao. Still no babies, but her stomach feels different today, a bit harder and you can actually feel individual babies, hope these are signs that the young ones are coming soon!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
please don't push on her belly & especially to the point where you would feel individual babies inside... you can harm the babies inside or possibly push things around so that there is a problem with delivery

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not pushing, not at all, you can feel them pretty well by just running your finger tips lightly over her belly. I know enough about animals to know not to push on such a heavily pregnant rats belly...

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Hopefully you will get to feel the wee ones squirm under your fingers. I had my girl lying on my lap and you can feel them especially in that spot after her rib cage before her pelvis...its the neatest experience. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts