Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the no sew rat hammocks that seems to be the rage to make? I mean they look nice, but I am a little iffy if they work the same as sew hammocks are their any danger? If anyone has tried them what was your experience?

·
Registered
335 Posts
That's pretty much all I make because they hold up so well and I can make one so fast. My girls still have one hammock that they've had since I got them and it's still in decent shape after numerous washings. I don't know which no-sew hammock design you're talking about, but I use my own design. I posted a tutorial here awhile back. You could probably do a search and find it.

What sort of danger are you referring to?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine chewed right through her store bought hammock, so I think the safety depends more on the rats.
I made a new hammock by just cutting strips at both ends of a piece of fleece and tying the strips around the bars. The strips are wide and tied nice and tight, but I check on them frequently to make sure they're still secure.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine dont really chew but kili has this nasty habbit of when fili. In a hamock hé kind of shakes it in his mouth till fili falls out or leaves and thats How it gets broke i just am worried of thèse kinds will hold up to thé destructive behavior

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.