Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took 6 days of a near hunger strike but he gave in last night and started munching on regal rat. I was giving him a tiny bit of lettuce and baby carrots each day. I couldn't let he go on a total hunger strike. I think he may of lost a bit. I will weigh him when his scale comes. It should come any time now.
Today the Teklad Global 2014 lab blocks came. At first I thought the bag was expired because the date was 6/12/07. I called and the guy is British so its goes bad 12/6/07. Noah likes it! :D
I doesn't like the wheel. I tried stuffing him in thinking that once he is in there he might like it. Lets say it was a tight squeeze. It is the Wobust one too. :lol:

·
Registered
520 Posts
JESSU said:
I doesn't like the wheel. I tried stuffing him in thinking that once he is in there he might like it.
So Funny!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I'd let him figure out the wheel himself. While I advocate gently putting rats in hammocks if the don't understand them, I personally feel stuffing them in a wheel may do more harm than good... They might not want to even try the wheel after that, as it probably wasn't a pleasant experience for them.

Glad he's got all his new stuff!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't worry it was a gentle stuff. Now that he is eating rat food he is not taking his meds for me. Right now its mixed in yogurt. I'm prob going to have to mix the yogurt in something else.

·
Registered
520 Posts
What meds are they? There are other ways... diabolical ways... mwahaha... :-D

Again, the stuffing makes me laugh. I was picturing the look on his face.

Kind of a pissed off, angry face.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Let me rephrase then... Any forcing of a rat into the wheel in any way, shape or form. What they'll remember is being forced to do something they didn't want to do, and so then they might blame the wheel. :p

I'd try another time or two with the yogurt. The reason he may be so picky with food is - and I may be guessing, this is based on paying attention to what you've said - because you give up easily and give him a "new treat". Rats are very smart, they know how to play games with us.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think I emotionally scared him. When I make him do the chubby whubby dance he gives me dirty looks. :lol: But he doesn't have a fear of my hands after, he doesn't even slap me. He is pretty easy going. He only slaps me when I try to give him meds with a syringe.

Im going to have to mix it with something else. Its been sitting there for hours and he needs a second dose.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:?:
I think you have given me good advice. You pointed me towords the Harlan Teklad #2014 Lab Blocks and theratshop.com. I think some of your posts really helped me alot in my choices I have made in Noahs dite.

I understood what you meant. I'm not going to stuff him in again. I just tried to communicate that I don't think I made him afraid of the wheel.
Hope the elbow feels better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts