Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i'm well aware rats are nocturnal.

but i have school and i also am sick, where it makes me tired ALL the time(yet to find out what) so stayin up late is hard for me.

thankfully summers coming so i can stay up ALL nite long, but on those days where i cant, what should i do?

i do let them out 6-10ish, but they just go climb their bird and go to sleep.

what do you guys do since they are nocturnal? when is your playtime?

i know my girls get so hyper late late at nite.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My boys are awake when I leave for work in the morning and will wake up whenever I take them out - usually about six or so.

I think they'll adapt their schedule to whatever you want, if they feel like it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rats will adjust to whatever time they are let out of their cages and whenever things are exciting.

If they really bother you in the night you can put the cage(s) outside your door for the night and play with them during the day. Rats are not like people, they don't sleep eight hours straight. They will wake up if anything exciting is going on, and they are never really fully asleep the way humans are.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Just wake'em up and play with'em when you can and they will adjust their scheduale to yours.

·
Registered
638 Posts
If I say the Magic Words, "Wanna PLAY," Gus immediately pokes his head out of whatever he's doing, and comes to play. Even if he just naps with me, what's important to him is that he's napping WITH me. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
My rats ar pretty sleepy during the day but wheni get home they get really excited and want to play....I will let thm outside their cage to play but then they go back in around 10:00pm. I can tell they are starting to sleep around my schedule....but I am getting a buddy for my male rat b/c even after i put hm back in he still wants to play. :D

·
Registered
798 Posts
i tend to play with my rats when i see they're awake, they generally wake up whenever they hear somebody moving about the living room anyway, and i work until 9 pm so it works out good, i play with them in the morning, let them sleep all afternoon, and then i play with them when i get home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts