Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do yall sleep at night?

This weekend my girls moved into a new cage and finally switched over to a water bottle instead of a bowl. It took awhile to get them to understand how to use the bottle but they finally have mastered it. The only problem is now I am having trouble sleeping. Every time they drink at night I wake up.

It's a real pain so I was wondering if any of yall have/had the same problem and if you found any way to solve it.

Again thank you in advance.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I use the Lixit Flip Top Valve bottle and those are silent. But they take a bit of time for the rats to learn to use.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't. When I do, it doesn't really bother me too much. I simply tune it out. It also helps I have a fan at the foot of my bed blowing on me, it helps drown out the sounds too.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I use both a bowl and the flip top lixit bottles and like lilcritter said they are silent.

My girls do like to use their wheels at night and that can be a little noisy, but I'm used to it so sleep through it. I usually have a movie or music on when I sleep though so I'm conditioned to have background noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts