Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as you ''all'' know pet rats are illegal in iceland.so i was wondering if pet rats aren't gonna be legal in iceland after...6 months?i'm maybe gonna have pet mice instead.

i'm not a member on a mouse forum so i was wondering if anyone here has pet mice and if you do what are they like?

i mean do they like hammocks?,is a way to train them like when you say her name she will come?

sorry i know this isn't the right topic but it's the best i could find.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ooh ooh ooh me me me!!! lol jk.. i owned mice for a while and my friend has mice.
Ok so i have to say there almost just as cool as rats only not as clean when holding them but its not that hard to manage and hey.. you may get that special one that does not leave you gifts.
Now about hammocks.. ive heard thay do like hammocks but ive never really tried it on my mice.. and i would think the hammock would have to hang really low.
Idk if i trained mine to come to me when i called them... they just sorta came whenever i opened there cage door.. but thats an experiment worth working though :wink:
Oh and your best bet is to get a 10 gallon aquarium to house your mice.

But mice do make really good pets so yea have fun and be sure to post alot of pics of your mice ((when you get them of course))...
oh yea and there just like rats you need to house them in 2 or more groups. Good Luck :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I think Night had made a little mice hanging cube once. It was incredibly cute D: Especially with the TINNYY mouse in it.

I don't know if a 10 gallon aquarium sounds like a suitable habitat. I've heard mice need even more room than rats odly enough. A 10 gallon won't even hold one ratty. I'll look for a site for you and make sure though.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
My bad, I must of been thinking hamsters. People recomend a 10gallon aquarium with a wire mesh top and LOTS of bedding and fun hidey places for up to 3-4 mice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks! but i'm a member of this forum:forum.thefunmouse.com do you guys know if i have to pay some feed every month ore something to be a member?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts