Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Rats are nocturnal :) Mine tend to sleep all day and play all night. When I get them out for free roam around 5pmish, they usually just go to sleep on me haha! :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Rats are not actually nocturnal. They are diurnal. This means that they nap for sections of the night and day, but are also awake for a lot of it. So, you will often see them sleeping... and then at night they make a ton of noise and make it seem like they're up all night xD

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rats are not actually nocturnal. They are diurnal. This means that they nap for sections of the night and day, but are also awake for a lot of it. So, you will often see them sleeping... and then at night they make a ton of noise and make it seem like they're up all night xD
My rat litterally sleep all day, the only time they are awake is when I take them out, or walk into the room, sometimes I think they're dead because it's hard to they are breathing, but they are alive :D

·
Registered
955 Posts
You will probably find that they get themselves into a routine of being awake when you normally take them out to play. I've recorded mine to see if they are active during the day - they wake up in the morning for their half hour free range and breakfast, then awake for an hour after I leave for work, sleep all day, then wake up an hour before I'm due back from work. Then by the time I'm in opening the front door they are already all waiting expectantly at the cage door for me!

However, on a weekend they change their routine because I'm home. They want to play for most of the day, and sleep in the evening!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts