Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to make the infamous rat DIY mix and I couldn't find any soy beans that were roasted and didn't have the extra salt, so I bought some frozen unsalted ones and baked them for 20 mins. Is that ok?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would imagine, though I have never done it myself... you might want to google it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your lucky you found anything. I've checked all the supermarkets and health food shops around here and can't find any soy nuts/beans roasted/unroasted or anything. I just substitute with other soy products everynow and again, and they're fine with that.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Wow, I was able to find roasted soy nuts without any issue. And the people in my neck of the woods aren't known for being overly health concious.

Are there any instructions online for roasting your own soy nuts? I'm sure someone else has had to do it in the past and has been kind enough to share hoyw.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yep, I'm just going to agree with reachthestars. I bet you can find instructions on roasting soy nuts online.

I've also had no problem finding them, though at Kroger they are usually with the fruits and vegetables.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
o found them with no issue, but the rats dont like them AT ALL and i need to find something to replace them and sunflower seeds, they arent fond of those either, i got mine at the bulk barn, adnd everything else for suebee's for $4.26

·
Registered
189 Posts
rat_ratscal said:
o found them with no issue, but the rats dont like them AT ALL and i need to find something to replace them and sunflower seeds, they arent fond of those either, i got mine at the bulk barn, adnd everything else for suebee's for $4.26
Wow, $4.26 is pretty **** cheap. I usually spend about $20.00 for mine, but it does also usually lasts me a looooong time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts