Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there! my name is richie, i’m a nonbinary girl from portland, OR :) my pronouns are they/them/theirs. i’m an illustration major at PNCA and i’m a sophomore. i just turned 20. i’m really passionate about social justice/activism as well. i currently have three ratties, all boys. charlie and tommy are two dumbo brothers i got last december, and then i have a fancy named hickory that i got in april of 2015.

Rat Mammal Muridae Gerbil Mouse Mammal Rat Vertebrate Gerbil Muridae Rat Mammal Mouse Degu Rodent Rat Vertebrate Mammal Muridae Mouse
charlie, tommy, hickory (as a baby), all three curled up in their hammock!

more about them ahh… they live in one of martin’s cages (the skyscraper) and the wire floors are covered in fleece. they have some carefresh bedding on the very bottom floor but i think i’ll be switching that out for fleece because it can be a bit dusty. they are partially litter trained (lol) but im hoping to crack down more on that over winter break.

personality-wise, theyre all very sweet. charlie is sort of my baby (i originally got them w/a friend who i later had a falling out with so theyre both mine, but charlie was more mine first!) and he’s the most handleable. he sometimes comes into downtown with me for therapy appointments and he has a pretty good time. he loves people and napping.

tommy is charlie’s brother, he’s not too fond of being picked up but he’s definitely a sweetheart too. both of the dumbos are big lickers and people fans but tommy is a little more skittish than charlie.

and then hickory is the fancy, and the youngest. he’s also the dominant rat! he’s definitely the least.. “friendly”? but he’s better at being picked up than tommy and he loves running all over your lap and will tolerate pets sometimes.

anyway i think thats about it! other than my ratties i also have a hedgehog named nova and a ball python named milo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aww. I'm looking into getting two pet rats and this post opened my eyes to Martin's Cages, so thank you! Very cute lil guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A fellow non-binary newbie here xD Your boys sound great! You've seem like you have a pretty stable relationship with the little ones, we are still working on ours! It's been only a few days since I've gotten the two girls and we are making baby steps! Hopefully we will get to a similar situation as you guys' sometime soon! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts