Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I just freshly made this account to poke around for answers. I have two female rats that I've had since August. They've acclimated wonderfully.
One issue I have is that only one of them makes this unusual squeaking noise every so often. I've scraped everywhere on the web to find out what this type of squeak could possibly mean, but to no avail.
it happens only on occasion, so I, unfortunately, do not have a recording of it. but it's like a soft little "squeaksqueaksqueaksqueak" kind of sound that happens for like 3 seconds. the closest thing i can think of comparing her noise to is like if a rat were a banjo kazooie character. you know how their voices sound all varied and silly when they talk? idk. its the closest thing i can think of right now lol. does NOT sound like a distressful loud squeak, not drawn out or anything, but im still super concerned.
It isn't when she's playing with her sister, and never when I am intruding on her personal space or anything. she'll be chilling in her little nest watching me work from the cage and I'll hear it. it's just odd.
I know for sure it isn't respiratory breathing stuff obviously, so what is it? has anyone else heard this type of noise?

· Registered
Sten Sigurdsson & Pilgore the Destroyer, Barney, Arthur and Isabella(R.I.P Harald Fairhair)
315 Posts
Sometimes rats are just drama queens. Once i picked up Pilgore to put him back inside after playtime and he cried like i was trying to murder him. It freaked me out too , til i realized he's just being a drama queen about being picked up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts