Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just got 11 rats dropped on me, someone said they have a few rats and asked if I could take them and I was thinking like 4 or 5 but not iT'S 11?!? There's so many and I don't know what to do other than separate males and females and hope none of the females have been with the males for too long because I really don't want to end up with babies
What should I do after I separate them please help

·
Registered
Madam Squeakster and Señorita Squeaks
247 Posts
If you don’t want all of them you ask some of your friends if they want a couple and however many more you don’t want/can’t care for you can adopt out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Get 2 large cages one for the males and one for the females. There's not much difference taking care of 5 rats or 11 rats if they have large cages. They are very easy to take care of. Just keep their cages clean,very important, or they will develop respiratory disorders from breathing in dried urine smell by irritating their lungs , and feed them. Easiest pets ever to care for.

·
Registered
Merry and Pippin ♀️
17 Posts
oh wow, that's a lot of rats! 🙀
I hope y'all are doing alright. Gonna post any photos?

·
Registered
Madam Squeakster and Señorita Squeaks
247 Posts
Get 2 large cages one for the males and one for the females. There's not much difference taking care of 5 rats or 11 rats if they have large cages. They are very easy to take care of. Just keep their cages clean,very important, or they will develop respiratory disorders from breathing in dried urine smell by irritating their lungs , and feed them. Easiest pets ever to care for.
If you do find cage cleaning to be difficult I got cage cleaner that works really well
Hand Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Automotive tire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts