Rat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Lucy Lui Rat was giving me kisses the other day. I went to talk to my friend and the next ting i know Lucy has her head in my mouth, her hands perched on my lips, and she is licking my tongue and nibbling me teeth.

Is this usually for a rat.
Oh, does it pose any health risk.
I dont look at my ratties as dirty but who knows.

·
Registered
229 Posts
In her ratty-mind I bet she thinks she's doing you a favor. ^^

I've heard a lot of people talk about their rats grooming them, either by nibbling on your skin, hair, or in your mouth. Wherever they think you're dirty. Personally I think it's adorable, and I really hope that my rats (when I get them) will love me enough to groom me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
madeittothemoon said:
I have a girl who does that... and does that even more after I eat or drink something sweet. The only time I stop her is after I've had a glass of wine... I don't want any drunk ratties!
haha I just imagined dwight saying that in an interveiw room all stern and weird like he does. I love the Office.

Back to the topic
I think its adorable too
My Boyfriend says i have some wierd bestiality thing going on!! :roll:
I say he is just Jealous :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've actually had this exact thing happen recently with our rat Fluffy (i didn't name her lol), she normally just gives me kisses, but a couple weeks back she almost started burrowing into my mouth while I was lying down relaxing. Now she runs up my chest to my chin while I'm sitting at the desk and tries to poke her head in. I was not too happy at first as she was hurting me a bit, but now that she's calmed down with it I can think it cute.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
cirrus is a bit of a rodentist, but she has nothing on ******, who would climb all the way into my mouth if i let him.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Yup - that's normal rat behaviour, alright.

It actually got me into trouble the other day - my dad works night shifts and one of my little girls, Lily, is famous for a little mouth-burrowing if she can. Well, my dad was sleeping, I had to venture into my mum and dads room for some socks, sat on the bed to put them on and Lily jumped off. I thought nothing of it - until my dad (sleeping) makes a funny noise and I turn around and Lily's just climbing head first into my dad's snoring mouth!

LMAO. So funny - but dear pops was not amused

·
Registered
443 Posts
Anybody ever watch 'Pet Star' on Animal Planet? Twice they had rats on the show that cleaned teeth (or ate out of thier owners' mouth.) :lol:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Scout opens my mouth with his hands...he's gentle about it, but he's so forward! He just runs over, grabs your lips, and pulls them open so he can investigate. It feels weird when he nibbles my teeth :D

·
Registered
899 Posts
BlueSkyy said:
Scout opens my mouth with his hands...he's gentle about it, but he's so forward! He just runs over, grabs your lips, and pulls them open so he can investigate. It feels weird when he nibbles my teeth :D

LOL one of my girlies does the exact same thing !! its so cutee !! although she used to gently bite my toungue and pull it out if i tried to stop her !

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
:) no less sanitary than letting a dog lick your face, which I allow, of course. My ratties try like heck to get my mouth open if they think there is a tasty treat. They don't have a problem with prechewed food.

·
Registered
97 Posts
:eek: ANd I just thought my ratties were weird! It is great to know that Turfles preponderance to opening mouths and searching for tidbits is NORMAL. Turfle is really strong as well so we don't really have a chance when she wants in. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've got one that ended up being a problem. She learned it from her mother, how doensn't DEMAND it, but instead, she gently pushes her nose against my lips, as if asking "please?". But, her daughter, on the other hand, will claw my lips until I end up getting painfully frustrated, and pull her down, but she climbs up to do it again! How do I stop her, or better yet, LIMIT her from her pleads?????

·
Registered
26 Posts
rach913 said:
I've got one that ended up being a problem. She learned it from her mother, how doensn't DEMAND it, but instead, she gently pushes her nose against my lips, as if asking "please?". But, her daughter, on the other hand, will claw my lips until I end up getting painfully frustrated, and pull her down, but she climbs up to do it again! How do I stop her, or better yet, LIMIT her from her pleads?????
As much as I didn't want to resort to it, I used a squirt bottle when one of my girls started getting too aggressive. She literally cut my lip open on two places. I was not happy. After a week or so with the squirt bottle and being very verbal with my "OWWW!"s she finally got the point, now if she fails on the first attempt she just goes off to explore the house.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nani and Pip love doing this but Nani forces me to participate....if i won't open she takes her tiny paws grabs both lips and pulls it open ...lol :D

Pip is more of a "can I clean your teeth" kind of a guy :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts