Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if there is any like, for sure signs of a pregnant rat. I mean, I don't want any silly answers like, "THEIR STOMACH IS BIG, DUH.", because my rat that I just recently bought has a VERY large stomach.
And, everytime I touch her stomach she squeaks really LOUD.
Any signs please? :?:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
For sure, for sure? An ultrasound, maybe...

Nesting behavior, prominent nipples, etc are also good signs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She sleeps a lot and she kicks litter into the house. She won't let me hold her at all and if I pick her up around her waist, she squeaks extremely loud. At first I thought it was because she was just new to the cage.
But, then I compared her to my other rat and noticed the size difference in their stomachs.

Also, she pees weird.
I don't want to be gross but it comes out thick and slow like water. If she isn't pregnant I think it could be some sort of infection.

How long do rats usually stay pregnant? I've only had her for a couple days.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Eeek! Sounds scary. Sometimes instinct is a good thing, if you even worry about it being an infection, get her to the vet ASAP.

If it is an infection, time is really important before it goes throughout her system and becomes fatal ):

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And, she's adorable dumbo rat. :(
Everytime I pick her up, she poops and pees on me. >_<;;;

And, lately she has been throwing more and more litter into the igloo.

I guess I just can wait and see if she gives birth or not.
:roll:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry, I have no insight about your problems, but I just had to comment on this:

I don't want to be gross but it comes out thick and slow like water.
What kind of water is coming out of your faucet that is thick and slow? My understanding of water was that it was not terribly thick and certainly flows rather well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts