Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of introducing a 3rd member to my pack, she was split from her sister last week as the owner was moving into a 'no pets' place and needed to get rid of them. I came to Amy's rescue, she is now in her own cage but having brief encounters with my other 2 that are together. lots of rear sniffing so far, hopefully that will be all.
it's not the best way to do it i know, but due to emergency circumstances i had no choice. not sure where Amy would be now if i hadn't have stepped in.
She seems healthy, no snotty noses, mine have had this and now been fine for the last 4 months. stress free household, this works wonders.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i strongly suggest introducing them on neutral territory as this will eliminate the higher risks of confrontation due to your rats defending whats theirs. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it has been 48 hrs since they were all put in the same cage, and guess what.....peace and harmony! Yipeeeeee.
Amy still has some cage rules to learn but that will come in time. She has lots of spare skin to fill, but as i spoil them it shouldn't take long, she was i must say on the lean side when i first got her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts