Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Fancy Rats
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 80 rats I rescued from someone who started with one rat and got another and then another. At first, the males were neutered but the owner couldn't afford to neuter the next one she got and, the next thing you know, there are 30 of them. She abandoned the rats to her mother. They were separated by sex but the cages were not secure. The people were moving so I took them from the mother thinking the daughter would take them 5 or 10 at a time and try to find homes for them but all the daughter did was cry and distance herself as she was overwhelmed. I built really secure cages for the rats whebn I took them but 6 or 7 females were already pregnant so now there are around 80. I hae started a FaceBook page to try to find homes but I am old (73) and don't do social media well so the posts are not doing anything to help. As it stands, I will have them until they all die. They are pretty nice and very amusing to watch. I am writing about them but dont have anyone to read what I write. I am putting out the first episode in this message. If anyone enjoys it, I will post the rest one episode at a time.

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don’t know how to open your file as I am clueless with tech but I think that is an amazing thing you have done there,rescuing and taking on those animals.I hope some people will get in touch to take some of the load off you and give them some good homes.

·
Registered
Fancy Rats
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t know how to open your file as I am clueless with tech but I think that is an amazing thing you have done there,rescuing and taking on those animals.I hope some people will get in touch to take some of the load off you and give them some good homes.
I use
If you double click on the attachment, you should get a message asking what you want to do with the file, You can select open it and you can read it, On my computer, I can open it in Firefox (the browse I user ) or with Microsoft. You can also save it and then open it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Hi and welcome! I read your first installment of the story. You are a good writer and are telling a difficult story. I can see how you are in this situation you are in, and I wish I could help but I'm too far away. Please keep writing your story. I hope you will include own story at some point as I'm sure you have a lot of thoughts and hopes to share!

·
Registered
Stella and Luna
129 Posts
Here are links to some animal rescues in Florida who may be able to help you find homes for some of your rats.

·
Registered
Stella and Luna
129 Posts
Here are links to some animal rescues in Florida who may be able to help you find homes for some of your rats.
For # 2, look up Florida Rat Rescuers Network on Facebook

1 - 9 of 9 Posts