Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
lol nice title, do you know what triggered yours off? or what triggers it now?
there isnt as far as i no a problem with meds but once u start u apperntly stay on them for a long time and at 17 i dont want to b taking meds every day as there are withdrawal problems as well, i have good days and bad days and slowly am getting more good days although now my bad days are very worse than before, but i am doing a evening corse (well trying to at collage) for stress and ansiety (xcuse my spellin) i start it 2morrow

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Camel, that's fairly vague for such a huge subject! :p Is there anything in particular you want to know more about? I'm a psychology buff :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not really some times it happens at the store i get it sometime driving not a good thing . i just thinking in my head you are fine sometimes that works but ever now and agian i cant shake it

·
Registered
928 Posts
the best i have found is breathing i no it sounds stupid but imagine a clock, start at one and in ure head count 1 2 3 4 5 6 while doing that breath in and when count 7 8 9 10 11 12 as you are breathing out and continue untill you are a bit calmer

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i keep wondering if my anxity is why i have high blood presure. i know it keeps me from doing a lot of things. how do some of you cope with this problem

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a grab bag of psychology issues, which includes generalized anxiety and social anxiety. Talking to the doctor about possible medications and seeing a therapist is definitely worth it.

-Caty

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Night said:
Camel, that's fairly vague for such a huge subject! :p Is there anything in particular you want to know more about? I'm a psychology buff :D
if you have never sufferd from anixty atacks than you wouldnt understand belive me as a kid everyone thought i was the :twisted: child and i had been forced most of my life to go to (cant spell nut doc lol) and i tell you at one point i could have been one my self lol i knew everything they were going to say before they did lol that got there goats lol. but as i got older i started to rethink my life and found out the reson for some of my problems but than just as i thought i was doing good anixty hit me and hard and i have not been able to get rid of it i hide it well but i know that is not good enough.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have never let anyone know i have this problem exept my bf untill now it feels kinda good to talk about it with people that have the same thing. i had it in high school but didnt know what it was but about 5 yrs ago it hit me hard i couldnt go any were than my bf ended up have mager surgry and i had to be with him thats when i had to confront what was really wrong and thats were i learned to try to calm myself down.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sometimes i think it is a combo of anixty and closterfobia cant spell sorry never could just one reason i droped out of high school. when i drive even in the winter i have to have my window down just a crack even if it is below 0

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i got off on the wrong foot here last night and would like to start this over. i would love to know what everyone has done to help with this problem be it meds or not and how do you cope with this sometimes i cope ut than i with it ok but than it seems to take over for a while please i am really do what some others advise and experaimces.

night i didnt mean it the way it sounds i am sorry and i didnt mean to put you down. Any advice you can give would be great

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've suffered with anxiety and depression issues ever since my boyfriend died when i was 16. I've tried anti-depressants etc but like many people have said on here I worry about becoming addicted and when I started uni I was told to come off them because teachers aren't really supposed to be on meds. I find Bach remedy rescue really good for anxiety and panic attacks, also breathing techniques like those that fallinstar suggested.

Have you tried counseling? I've been seeing a counselor since and that really helps just having someone to talk it through with. I don't know how old you are but a doctor can send you to one or they usually have them available in schools, colleges, uni etc. Also, an important thing to do is take things one day at a time, if you think about things long term you start to worry about things and that can trigger anxiety.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was in counseling all through my childhood but they really never helped. i am 25yrs old and i really dont like discussing this with my doc she is a nice doctor but i just dont like discusing this kind of thing with her and even if i went back to counseling i do not think i could aford it at this point its said but my animals that have helped me a lot also take up most of my money. i kinda do the breathing but i also in my head keep saying you are fine and that mostly works. and i do think that some of the atacks come on becuse i over think things and worry myself to much on the little things. it is hard to talk to some people about this becuse alot of people i have been around will say things like you just want atetion so i know to keep my mouth shut. and when it was brought up in the other thread i was shooked to find some people that have the same problem and were actly talking about it. i wish there was a kinda aa meeting on this that would be really cool.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh, sorry I presumed the counseling would be free because mine was on the NHS. Maybe you don't live in England. Well it's good that you've tried counseling even though it didn't work because you've just gotta keep trying different methods until you find one that works. Perhaps you could consider changing your doctor? I know you said she's nice but you said you don't feel like you can talk to her about this. I liked my doctor for general health problems but he just didn't listen to me about depression issues and kept saying I'd get over it when the grief wore off but the fact is you never get over something like that so I changed my doctor 3 times until I found one I was happy with.

Animals do really help because petting them is really therapeutic and it's nice to know they'll always love you : D Hmmm that's interesting what you said about telling yourself things are fine in your head, I've not tried that but I'll give that a go. Yeah, it's nice that we can talk about things like this on here, I suppose it's easier because no one knows each other and we're in the same position so we're not going to judge each other. Have you tried Bach rescue remedy? I swear by it, I have one in my handbag at all times and even keep one under my pillow just in case. Although I do find the recommended dose isn't usually enough but I figure it can't hurt me because it's natural.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was thinking the same thing about noone really knowing who you are that you open up more about this kinda stuff. oh i live in the us new york . and i really hate to change my doctor becuse she is like the 5th that i have had and she is the only one who dose not try to shove meds at me becuse she understands that i dont want to be on 100 diferant meds lol. i have not tryed that stuff becuse i have never trusted myself to pick out any kind of over the counter meds even if they are all natural. i just started to get supplements for my dogs and i was giving 3 of them pet tabs than on tv they did test on some of these thing and found led in pettabs i was not to happy and they also found led in a women daily vitamin i dont know the name of it. but you hear this all the time so i have tryed to stay clear of all that. but i think i will do some resurch on bach rescue remedy. thanx

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have no idea how you'd be able to put me down, anyway. I didn't even say anything mean/obligatory. I just said that you made a pretty big umbrella statement, which just meant I wanted to hear more specific questions :p I have no idea how that could be taken the wrong way, or to mean something other than that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts