Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need litter for potty training, any particular one good?
Please link a pic to it.

i need Bedding, Same as first. Please link to a pic.

also, i need treats for training. is there a good Small treat for training?
(small pieces so he has to come back)
please link a pic.

please post before tomorrow afternoon thanks.
(tomorrow afternoon is when i am leaving.)

Please and Thank you

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
For litter I've used Yesterday's News: http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/standard/SpringCatalog05/50835_41333.jpg (It's in the cat section).
I've also used Carefressh: http://www.willasark.com/carefresh.jpg
and aspen wood shavings (not pine. Not cedar. Aspen.)

I've used all three as 'bedding', but I prefer fabric. I use cheap towels and clearance baby blankets (they're soooo soft!).

The grassy and fluffy type 'beddings' have been rejected by my boys. They prefer wasclothes.

ETA: For treats I use yogies, dried (unsweetened) fruit, yogurt covered raisins, or fresh fruits and veggies (like grapes, carrots, etc.)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
my girls wont eat carrots but they go nuts over grapes. shelled pecan nuts are good treats for training. mine also will do almost anything for cream cheese.

for bedding i use fleece, old bath towels, tissues, shredded newspaper. in fact, any soft cloth (old tshirts for example) make good bedding. you should be able to get fleece cheaply at a fabric store... joannes for example (assuming you're in the states). i cant remember any other fabric stores over there, but walmart would probably have fleece in their fabric section. old bath towels i get from a 2nd hand store... the ratties dont care that someone other than me used them first, haha!!!

for litter, even though mine refuse to litter train, i use kitty litter, the paper pellet type that you should be able to get in your local supermarket in the pet aisle.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks you guys. and yes i live in the states and i know what joans fabrics is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts