1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Mine would have a costume tore off and murdered in about ten minutes lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was going to, then I actually got the girls o_o they are so wild, they would just rip it all off, pee on it and throw it somewhere lol. To be quite honest I've never had much luck with animals and costumes. The only one who would leave clothes on is Xena and, well... you can see in this photo how she feels about it lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol! I got a witch hat for my cat one year and I don't think I've ever received a worse dirty look from my worst enemy. .....but that would be fitting for a witch so I think she was just getting into character. xP

·
Registered
952 Posts
My boys are so hyper I douby I could get one on let alone get them to keep it on. I have a short haird chihuahua who is a master of pulling clothes off but then shakes cus its cold...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have never tried to dress up the rats. I don't think they would like it very much. We plan on doing a shoot with witch hats this year though so we'll see how they react. I don't really want to make them miserable in a costume so just the hats are gonna have to do. The hat props don't have a strap or anything, just kind of sit there and some of my boys are pretty mellow. Will let you know how that goes. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think posting this has helped reassure me that I shouldn't bother with the costume thing, which I already knew but had to consider for a moment to move on. Though, PawsandClaws, I'm thinking of doing a photoshoot with tiny bows on their heads so can't wait to see how your photos turn out!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've dressed up my guinea pigs and cats for christmas before. The pigs got a bit worked up till they saw the carrot then they sat there without any issue while I took pictures. It even got featured on Daily Squee that year. One of the cats freaked, but he's a big whiner. All it was was a fluffly collar, but no I was clearly trying to murder him. The other didn't want to sit where I wanted him so I had to build the scene around him. Xp but he had no issue with the collar/antler combo. My dog wears a sweater sometimes, she is so tolerant. Oooo I did dress my guinea pigs as star trek charecters to.... Lol but I don't trust the rats, to slippery! XD

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That picture is so cute!!! it reminded me of this one, I fell in love with a fluff ball at a pet shop. But that little bun was the start of my journey toward ritten motherhood ;D

Star trek!! I used to watch that every evening with my dad before bed when it came on tv all the time. I'm going to cosplay Luna Lovegood for halloween this year (the reason I say cosplay is because I don't want you to picture a polyester robe with an ugly straw wig & a chopstick for a wand. I'm going all out) & was trying to think of a way I could tie them in, but decided there wasn't really a need to & I couldn't ever pretend one of them was Scabbers just because that whole part of the story creeps me out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Aww I remember when our buns were that small. Not anymore! XD Maybe one day one of the babies will prove happy to be dressed but you never know. XD i could probubly try Cricket... She really doesn't seem to mind anything done to her. As long as she is center of attention, the little brat.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was actually just thinking about this. Rat costumes are adorable. I love this idea. I just need to make a rat mannequin to help with this.

Time to make some Victorian frocks!!! Aw man, French Court rats!

They are going to hate me if I do this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok so ive been researching im going to make her a fleece carry bag that she can go in if need be and a tiny bat costume!

·
Registered
601 Posts
So cute. I doubt any of my rats would let me put a costume on them, lol. Opie might let me put a hat on him momentarily, but he's the only one I think. I know my dogs absolutely freak out when I try putting anything on them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts