Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have four rats. Two are over half a year old, one is almost six months and the other is about three. We just had a big move where they had to have a long car ride and where moved around a lot in their mobile home which none of them liked. We've been moved in now for just under a week, but one of my older girls is having what seems to be a rough time settling in.

She's always been really calm and liked to be held instead of wiggling and running around like my other girls, but lately she has been a lot more sleepy and sluggish. She eats and drinks just fine, but whenever a wake he up from her napping she always has some porphyrin around one of her eyes. My rats have always had a little trouble with porphyrin since it got really warm. I don't have ac, so even with all the fans going it can get really hot and muggy in my room. She seems to groom the rest of herself, but lately I've been having to help her out by cleaning the porphyrin with a q-tip. She's completely normal other than the porphyrin and sluggishness, no sneezing or other sick behaviors, but I'm still concerned that something else could be wrong with her and if people here think it's worth taking her to the vet over. Or is it just a combo of my girl growing up combined with a somewhat stressful move? Thank you so much for any help~

·
Registered
208 Posts
As long as it seems like the one eye that has discharge isn't bothering her, it dosent seem symptomatic (unless she is seeming genuinely lethargic). just keep an eye on her, you're doing great :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts