Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how should I handle this problem?!!? I posted on craigslist saying I'd take in any rats that needed homes, which is fine. What WASN'T was when one woman said they needed a home, and when I went to go get them, her version of care was a cage FILLED with Doritos bags (she said they can nest, play in, lick, and eat the leftovers, and it reeked horribly of urine. As if someone peed themselves and shoved their urine soaked pants in this cage with her two rats....

I took them home, scoured their cage and plan on giving them baths in the morning, but... I just don't know how to handle this.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can only imagine how angry and sad you are. It makes me furious to hear things like this. But, unfortunately the world is filled with people like this. Ignorant, un caring people. Some of them don't know any better. We can't save the world, but we can save some of them. And that's what you did. You have given those amazing little creatures a good, loving home. We have to take the angry energy we have towards people like that and use it in a good way. Like giving your pets the best possible care. They are going to be very well loved and that makes all the difference.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I recently rescued a rat who had been horribly neglected and starved so badly he died. It was so sad and disgusting to know someone willingly allowed him to get that way. Some people are truly evil. You did a good thing by saving them!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ugh, that's horrible. I'm glad that you saved these poor rats; they should be much happier now! Because these rats were kept in an unclean cage that reeked of urine, I suggest keeping an eye on them for the next few days or so for signs of illness, like an upper respiratory infection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts