Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every rat owner that's ever offered their rats a piece of cheese knows that it is ambrosia. It's the food of the gods, to be snatched away and consumed in some dark corner, where no one will ever see them to get any funny ideas about stealing their Precious.

I'm having cheese and crackers for lunch, and I'm out of the girls' Wellness until Wednesday when I get paid, so I've been working in small amounts of protein here and there to compensate. So I decided to offer them a tiny piece of colby jack.

Lilah gets so excited about this extremely rare treat, that she initially latches onto my finger instead of the cheese I'm holding. Immediately, she knows what she's done. She stops tugging, eases up on the pressure, and lets go without so much as scratching my skin.

It's times like this when I remember people trying to convince me that all rats are vicious biters, and then I look at my rats who are so gentle and take even the tiniest treats like a single pea from my fingers so carefully as not to hurt me. And I just have to laugh.

·
Registered
327 Posts
where no one will ever see them to get any funny ideas about stealing their Precious
LMAO!!!! [having visions of a rattie hiding in the corner talking in the voice of gollum to his cheese]

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Mine have cheese in there salad tonight
yes mummy spoils them ;)
Jess x

·
Registered
89 Posts
Our girls are the same way. Now and then, in their... let's say 'exuberance', they will accidentally get the finger instead of the treat. They realize it instantly and never even cause pain, let alone injury. It is funny how people have the completely wrong idea about rats.

Oh... and cheese is the bestest thing in the world to our girls, too. Except for the two times in their lives that they've had a chocolate covered peanut. THAT was the most delicious thing since cranberry sauce! Heheh

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Secularian said:
Oh... and cheese is the bestest thing in the world to our girls, too. Except for the two times in their lives that they've had a chocolate covered peanut. THAT was the most delicious thing since cranberry sauce! Heheh
Heh, I break out the 70% cacao dark chocolate when everyone is a little wheezy. That goes over pretty enthusiastically, too.

Emma is usually the pushy one when it comes to food. She once dove halfway into my mouth (we're talking both front feet firmly planted on my tongue) to get to the half-chewed shortbread cookie I had. And the one time I gave her squid, but she started choking due to its tough, chewy texture, so I tried to take it away... That was a throwdown, and she very nearly won. :lol:

·
Registered
221 Posts
My girls will not eat ANYTHING if there is cheese in it. I gave them cheese once while they were sitting on me, then put them in their cage and went to class. After class I went to put up my hoodie and 2 pieces of dried up cheese fell on my head *hehehe* They also won't eat mac n' cheese or broccoli with cheese sauce.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts