Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
A very clever one by the look of it. Pity it couldn't learn to flush too! LOL

Did anyone else notice it's tail? Is that a white tip or degloving?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
that's a gambian and its a white tip on the tail.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ha ha thats so awsome. I wish my dog could do that (no pciking up poo!)

At first i didnt know what kind of rat it was and i thought thats a huge rat! :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
twitch said:
that's a gambian and its a white tip on the tail.
It's a pouched rat. I saw this one already. Are Gambians and pouched the same species?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yep. the full title is a african gambian pouched rat. the name gets shortened a lot

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sooooooo kool. can you buy them in the uk.....
I guess you'd need a double floored rabbit hutch to house it, but most the time it'd be freerange...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It's Matisse! I've seen his videos before. He was a good rat.

Gambians are great but much different from our rats. They are illegal in the US to own. I'm not sure if they are illegal anywhere else. I would suggest anyone do very extensive research before owning a Gambian as they can be a challenge to someone who thinks they are some kind of animal they are not.

I don't know if Gambians and me would go together, but I do love seeing Matisse and his videos!

·
Registered
216 Posts
OMG! I should have read all the posts first. I was just telling my mom (who is visiting and afraid of rats) that my girls are not going to get as gigantic as she thinks. Then we watched that and she freaked! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
what's the difference between a emins and a gambian

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Poppyseed said:
It's Matisse! I've seen his videos before. He was a good rat.

Gambians are great but much different from our rats. They are illegal in the US to own. I'm not sure if they are illegal anywhere else. I would suggest anyone do very extensive research before owning a Gambian as they can be a challenge to someone who thinks they are some kind of animal they are not.

I don't know if Gambians and me would go together, but I do love seeing Matisse and his videos!
I miss Matisse... And I didn't even own him. Weird. :?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts