Rat Forum banner

omg!!!!. soooooo funny...

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  lilratscal 
#1 ·
#3 ·
that's a gambian and its a white tip on the tail.

#6 ·
yep. the full title is a african gambian pouched rat. the name gets shortened a lot

#14 ·
It's Matisse! I've seen his videos before. He was a good rat.

Gambians are great but much different from our rats. They are illegal in the US to own. I'm not sure if they are illegal anywhere else. I would suggest anyone do very extensive research before owning a Gambian as they can be a challenge to someone who thinks they are some kind of animal they are not.

I don't know if Gambians and me would go together, but I do love seeing Matisse and his videos!

#19 ·
what's the difference between a emins and a gambian

#20 ·
Poppyseed said:
It's Matisse! I've seen his videos before. He was a good rat.

Gambians are great but much different from our rats. They are illegal in the US to own. I'm not sure if they are illegal anywhere else. I would suggest anyone do very extensive research before owning a Gambian as they can be a challenge to someone who thinks they are some kind of animal they are not.

I don't know if Gambians and me would go together, but I do love seeing Matisse and his videos!
I miss Matisse... And I didn't even own him. Weird. :?

#21 ·
. I believe the African pouch are illigal here in Canada as well. 2 or 3 friends of mine in the US have had them.
They require a lot of extra attention and my one girl friend said she could not turn her back on one because it would try and nip her in the butt. lol One baby I saw in PA at a show took up a whole 10 gallon aquarium. It was kind of cute but I like ours better.

#23 ·
Thanks for the link. I know both my 2 friends Judy and Joell had them and they did not live very long. One lady in BC had hers live fine though.
I have Birthday cards sent to me and pictures of Judy's.
She made a slide show and I will see if I can find it for you all.
It is adorable.
She talked a man into letting her buy it. He is a TV show guy or something so he finally sold it to her a few years back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.