Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Binky is my little homebody...never comes out of his cage on his own. Well I had Timey out and he was on the windowsill at the head of my bed. Well Binky stealthily came out of his open cage door and decided it was high time he met this new rat. It was amazing. You have to realize Mort was viscous. Hated Binky so much! So they were always separated. Much blood was shed on Binky's part. Well Binky (who is three times timey's

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops....accidentally posted before I was done. Binky is three times Timey's size. They sniffed each other. Did a little grooming, one squeak out of Timey and Binky just finished and went back home. So...yay! They don't hate each other! I can't cage them together until Timey grows some as he fits through the bars but I'm so overjoyed that I can let them both out at the same time without being on edge that it will end in blood.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Why not move then both into Timeys cage. It might be a bit small but rats often prefer company over space. Plus a smaller cage is better for intros and building them into a working group any way.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Glad to hear they are settling in together.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
As long as they have room to move around its probably a good size for intros. i am mean though, if they aren't getting on i happily keep my boys in a cat carrier for several days (that's up to 6 boys)

·
Registered
25 Posts
As long as they have room to move around its probably a good size for intros. i am mean though, if they aren't getting on i happily keep my boys in a cat carrier for several days (that's up to 6 boys)
Hahaaa rattie jail for bad behavior. "Moooom I will never be mean again please!!!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts