Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
It could just be a bruise. It doesn't look like an abscess, perhaps it's the very beginnings of one? I know ears are a common spot for abscesses

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's an abscess? Like I've heard of them but I'm not entirely sure what they are and what they look like. All I know if that they're not harmful

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
an abcess is a blob of infection, basically a balloon of puss or similar. They tend to come up fast, smell bad and then come to a head and drain. That isn't and abcess she's just bruised it

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
an abcess is a blob of infection, basically a balloon of puss or similar. They tend to come up fast, smell bad and then come to a head and drain. That isn't and abcess she's just bruised it
Okay. Thank you! If it is by chance turning into an abscess, would it look like a pimple? What could I do for it? Lukewarm water on a qtip and just gently dab at it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's not an abcess but yes abcesses are like pimples.Rat ears are very thin so you can see any sort of injury easily. Her cagemate might have nipped her on the ear during a wrestle or she somehow managed to apply pressure to that spot. It's just some broken blood vessels / a bruise. She'll be fine on her own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts