Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
they sneeze a lot. some get red discharge from their eyes and nose. differing temperments or unusual lethargy. but rats will sleep most of the day as they are mainly nocturnal animals. but give us more details and we can tell you if its just a normal rat or if its a sign of illness. is it alert when you hold it or sluggish?

·
Registered
88 Posts
They do sleep a lot, especially if they've been held a lot or more active than normal. It's fine for him to sleep all day long.

·
Registered
997 Posts
My rats will leap out of the cage any chance they get.

If they are sleeping and it's the only chance you have to let them out, just open the cage, he'll wake up and see the open door. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
my ratties are breakin out of the "nocturnal phase"...

i guess from being awake when i am...?

but i open there cage, and mind you, these guys are only 10 weeks old, and ive only had them a few weeks, like 3 at tops...

and they jump out of there cage, but dont tend to strey too far from it... about 10-15 ft at max... they know where home is :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
my rats are more active at night do you think it is possible to change their sleep pattern?? by stimulating them early evening so they sleep at night? i cant sleep 4 the noise they make also a stupid question but can rats vomit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts