Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back I bought a couple of rats off of Craigslist. They were sweet and loving and HUGE. Fat rats. There's no way around it. But it wasn't until after I got home that I noticed one, Crimson, had a large lump behind her right foreleg. Fast forward to about a week ago, and she passed. The vet I'd taken her to said that there wasn't much to be done, just to make sure she wasn't in pain. Which she never seemed to be, and she died in my lap - She knew she was loved.

New worry from this though: I know rats can die from loneliness if one of a paid dies, so Clover was my newest concern. I decided to get her a couple friends for company. Now, here is where I believe I screwed up - Clover is (I think) around a year and a half old. The two new girls? Maybe two months or so. It didn't go well, so now they're in separate cages and my days making sure everyone gets attention is a little fuller than they were.

Is that typical? Trying to introduce younger rats to an older rat and it not going well?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts