Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. a few minutes ago, one of my boys freddie made a weird coughing sound, so i went to see if he was okay and saw that he'd coughed up a small puddle of phlegmy stuff, but at the same time it seems too watery to be phlegm. it was still hanging from his mouth and i was super scared. he seems okay now, he's gone to sleep in his hammock and theres still some of the stuff on his chin. i dont know what this was, as i know rats cant vomit because they dont have a gag reflex. can anyone shed some light? is this a sign of a medical probelm? or is this normal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi. a few minutes ago, one of my boys freddie made a weird coughing sound, so i went to see if he was okay and saw that he'd coughed up a small puddle of phlegmy stuff, but at the same time it seems too watery to be phlegm. it was still hanging from his mouth and i was super scared. he seems okay now, he's gone to sleep in his hammock and theres still some of the stuff on his chin. i dont know what this was, as i know rats cant vomit because they dont have a gag reflex. can anyone shed some light? is this a sign of a medical probelm? or is this normal?
A bit late, but I've had rats get food stuck in their throats. They coat it in something (mucus?) so it can be dislodged/slide out of their throat more easily, then bring it up. It looks a bit grim, but it sounds like what you have described.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts