Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

One last question regarding my 'revamped' cages.

I bought bed sheets today (lots of pretty colours, pink and purple for girls, blue and white for boys etc) to rip up into strips to give to my rats as additional nesting material.

However, they seem very stringy around the edges. Before I give it to the rats, I just wanted to check if this is ok?

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you want to use sheet strips your best bet would be to get pinking shears, they cut in a zig zag so the fabric doesn't fray [as much]. I'm not entirely sure if anyone here has ever had a problem with toes or feet getting caught in strings, or if its one of those things everyone hears and repeats. I would definitely avoid it with rittens, not sure about adults. You could always try felt and/or fleece

{I know this is probably to late to be any help seeing you've already bought the stuff, sorry :-(}

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, no you're fine. I honestly didn't realise that it would fray so much (duh @ me) until I started cutting - and I don't think they would appreciate very much if I patched it all back up together and asked for a refund. LOL

So far, I've bought the sheets, as well as one fleece blanket which i'm going to cut up like I have done the sheets. I'm just experimenting right now really, suddenly the world has become a brand new world of fun possibly rat toys lol.

I forgot how complacent I'd grown with my rats. Poor things, I'm trying to make it up to them now though. They got special choc chip cereal bars for night-time treat - that's a start! Lol

·
Registered
520 Posts
Mine actually like the frays... They play with it.

I have never had a problem with little toes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts