Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know male rats can get testical cancer but one of the testicals just looks bigger and I don't know why. When I felt for a lump it still felt squishy not firm but there was a firm thing in the middle. But it's the same in the other one just it is smaller. I don't know if he has cancer or not.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Maybe it's just swelling? It could've gotten squished or crushed somehow (something fell off a level onto him or something). Is there a bite wound? I'd try a cold compresss and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It isn't a bite wound but it just drags more. I hate that rats always have something wrong with them. :(

·
Registered
455 Posts
Someone needs to develope a strain that is huge and healthy and lives for 10 years.. I'd still try the cold compress, but my boys always have one that drags lower (all mammals do) it's only a problem if it's actually bigger

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. They look the same size when I lift theo's tail up soo. But I will try the compress. Also the strain would be called super rats

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually see that a lot with male rats, hamsters, etc. where one testicle looks bigger. Idk if that's just how some are, or what. He doesn't lick or bite it does he, does he behave normally? If so, i'd say he's fine. If anything changes of course, and you're concerned, no harm in asking your vet :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He behaves normally so I'm so relived it isn't cancer. If it was that would be my first time experiencing it and I would have had a panic attack probably.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Someone needs to develope a strain that is huge and healthy and lives for 10 years.. I'd still try the cold compress, but my boys always have one that drags lower (all mammals do) it's only a problem if it's actually bigger
And opposable thumbsBut I agree with you, one probably looks bigger when really it just hangs lower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts